Yield: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 pack thawed PanaPesca Seafood Mix for Rice & Spaghetti
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in tap water for about an hour before cooking
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 8oz bottle clam juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped small shallots
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp fine chopped Italian/flat parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup fine shredded parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Mix the water and clam juice in a small pot, bring to a simmer and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a second wide bottom sauce pot or pan.
- Add the shallots and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat in the oil then add the wine and stir and cook until absorbed.
- Add the clam liquid about a half cup at a time all along stirring as the liquid is added until it is absorbed, then repeat until the liquid is all added to the rice.
- Make sure that the risotto is done, is not too firm and does not get stuck in the teeth. If it is too firm a little more liquid will need to be added.
- In a sauté pan cook the seafood and garlic over medium heat with a little salt and pepper for about 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the seafood, parsley, zest, juice, honey and parmesan to the cooked risotto to finish the dish.