Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 12 Half Shell Scallops
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the half shell scallops on a sheet pan, using rock salt or tin foil to help keep them balanced. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onions, pepper and garlic until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs, parsley and parmesan cheese to the onion, pepper and garlic and mix.
- Using a spoon or your hands, distribute the mixture evenly over the scallops and gently press the scallops to help the mixture cover the scallops.
- Bake the scallops for about 8-10 minutes until browned. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.