Pasta with clams is a classic combination that has been eaten for centuries, with dishes like linguine alle vongole that originated in Naples. While many pasta dishes use clams in their shell, this recipe uses pasta with clam meat.
Clam meat pasta allows you to enjoy delicious clams without the fuss of shells. Our clam meat is fully cooked and vacuum packed in its juices, so all you need to do is reheat and add to your pasta for a dish packed full of flavor.
Another classic combination is white wine with seafood, and our pasta with clam meat incorporates dry white wine into the sauce. The sharpness perfectly balances the sweet flavor of the clam meat, and the cheese garnish adds an indulgent richness. This clam meat pasta can be made using any pasta, but we love to use spaghetti or linguine to soak up the clam meat sauce.
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack PanaPesca Clam Meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Romano cheese to garnish
- 8 oz cooked pasta
How to Make Pasta with Clam Meat Sauce
- In a large pot, boil water to cook the pasta. Follow the directions on the packaging to cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the butter, shallots, garlic and frozen Clam Meat and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the wine, parsley and oregano and simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
- Toss the clam sauce with the pasta and serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top.