Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 packs PanaPesca Seafood Mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp basil, chopped
- 12 oz cooked pasta
- In a large pot, boil water to cook the pasta. Follow the directions on the packaging to cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onions and garlic, stirring until the onions are translucent and the garlic has browned but not burned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the wine and the frozen seafood mix, increase heat to medium-high and cook the seafood for approximately 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this point all the mussels and clams should open. If they have not, use a spoon or fork to tap the top of the shells. If they still do not open, but there is a slit large enough to fit a fork inside their shell, go ahead and pry the shell open. If they are sealed shut, discard the clam or mussel.
- Remove the seafood from heat and stir in basil and red pepper flakes.
- Over low heat, add the marinara sauce to the cooked pasta.
- Add the seafood to the pasta and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.