Yield: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack PanaPesca Clams in Shell
- 1/2 lb spaghetti cooked to package instructions and chilled (reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan or pan that can be covered over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, do not allow the garlic to brown.
- After 30 seconds, or if the garlic begins to brown before 30 seconds, add the wine and the pasta water. This will stop the garlic from burning.
- Continue to heat the contents up to a boil, then add the clams to the liquid, being careful not to add any pieces of shells that might be in the package.
- Cover and cook at a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- All of the clams should be open at this point. If not, remove from the liquid and tap the clams to encourage opening or pry open.
- Add the pasta and a little black pepper to taste into the steamed clams and liquid and heat until hot, about 1 minute.
- Divide into bowls and serve with a piece of baguette and the fresh oregano garnished on top.