Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack PanaPesca Mussels in Shell
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (optional), salt can also be used in its place
- For a spicier broth, add 1/2 small hot chile, seeded and chopped
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, lemongrass and the chile (optional). Cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and frozen Mussels. Cover and cook until the mussels have opened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mussels to a large bowl, leaving the broth in the pot.
- Stir in lemon juice, cilantro and fish sauce (optional). Use salt in place of fish sauce.
- Pour the broth over the mussels and serve with your choice of dipping bread.