Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 Cooked Octopus Tentacles, thawed
- 3 red peppers
- 1 chili
- 1.5 oz almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- About a handful of coriander leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lime for serving
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a roasting pan, add peppers, chili and 2 tbsp olive oil, toss together. Remove the chili and set aside. Roast the peppers for 20 minutes. Turn and add the chili, and roast for 20 to 25 minutes more. Everything should be tender and charred. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Peel the skin off the chili and peppers and remove the seeds.
- In a blender, add the almonds and blend until finely ground. Add the peppers, coriander, chili, garlic and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan or a grill to high heat. Toss the octopus tentacles with the remaining olive oil. Grill for about 2-3 minutes or until the tips are charred and crispy.
- Serve octopus over the sauce with lime wedges.
Leave a comment