Yield: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack thawed PanaPesca Calamari Tubes & Tentacles
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in tap water for about an hour before cooking
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs (panko style)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the stuffing, mix all ingredients (except the bread crumbs, white wine and calamari) together until combined.
- Add the bread crumbs which will absorb the moisture in the stuffing.
- Put the stuffing into a freezer bag and cut a small piece off the corner of the bag.
- Using the bag, stuff the tubes and fill until lightly packed.
- Add the stuffed calamari to a baking dish, then scatter the tentacles into the baking dish.
- Add a little white wine to the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop to a dish and serve alone or with beans and rice.